2012 Classroom Jeopardy! Sweepstakes Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Promotion and Sponsor: Participation in the 2012 Classroom Jeopardy! Sweepstakes Promotion (the "Promotion") constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The Sponsors are KY3, Inc. and Perkin Media, LLC dba KSPR-TV, 999 W Sunshine Springfield, MO 65807 and Sony Pictures Television Inc., 10202 W Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232, CBS Television Distribution and Quadra Productions, Inc. All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these Official Rules by Sponsors shall be final and binding. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Promotion period: 12:01 A.M. (CST) on July 11th, 2012 through 2:00 P.M. (CST) on August 1, 2012.
3. Sweepstakes details: Throughout the promotion period, viewers of KSPR will be asked to log on to KSPR.com and enter the school of their choice in a sweepstakes to win a Classroom Jeopardy! Unit to be delivered to the winning school by a KSPR-TV personality on a day TBD during the fall 2012 school term.
4. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Missouri and Arkansas who reside within the Viewing Area of KSPR and are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsors and its parent and affiliate companies, suppliers, media partners and Sony Pictures Television Inc., 10202 W Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232, CBS Television Distribution and Quadra Productions Inc as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Eligibility is also contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You may enter this sweepstakes by visiting www.KSPR.com/entertainment/contests/ during the Entry Period and completing an official entry form. Entering the Sweepstakes is solely the responsibility of the participant. Difficulties entering the sweepstakes are not the responsibility of KY3, Inc., Perkin Media, LLC, or any other related Sponsor. To be eligible, entries must be received by KSPR between 12:01 A.M. (CST) on July 11, 2012 and 2:00 P.M. (CST) on August 1, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes only one time during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person per household. Unintelligible entries and entries without valid or current contact information for the entrant will be disqualified.
6. Winner Determination and Verification: One potential winner will be randomly selected from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on August 1st, 2012 at KSPR. Entrants need not be present to win. The potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsors. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a potential winner unless and until the entrant's eligibility has been verified. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and eligibility is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by email or phone after selection. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the foregoing process will be repeated with a randomly selected potential winner from the pool of remaining eligible entries until the prize is awarded. Sponsors or Administrator (KY3, Inc) will identify a potential winner promptly after the end of the promotional period, and will attempt to verify the potential winner's eligibility, or select an alternative potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter. Once Sponsors determine that a potential winner is eligible, a time and date will be chosen when the prize can be awarded to the entrant’s school. A winner list may be obtained by printing the requestor's name, address, city, state, and ZIP code on a 3" x 5" postcard and mailing it to KY3, Inc. 999 W. Sunshine Springfield, MO 65807 attn: Marketing Director within 90 days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Grand Prize: One (1) Classroom Jeopardy! Unit awarded to the school specified by entrant on the contest form. One (1) visit from a KSPR-TV Personality TBD to present the Classroom Jeopardy! Unit to the winning school. One (1) Jeopardy! Goodie Bag awarded to entrant. Potential winners will be randomly drawn from eligible entries during the Promotion Period.
- Second Prize: One (1) Jeopardy! Goodie Bag awarded to entrant. Potential winners will be randomly drawn from eligible entries during the Promotion Period.
Odds of winning a Prize depends on number of entries received during the Promotion Period. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner(s) will be required to complete all forms required by Sponsors and by law. Expenses not specifically stated in any/all prize packages outlined above are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsors for reason of unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
8. Limitations of Liability: By entering this Promotion each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, advertising or promotional agencies, distributors, or any telephone network or service providers including each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of such entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind, (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing or computing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion. No more than the stated number of prizes (2) will be awarded. In the event that technical or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. Suspension: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion Period, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancellation of the Promotional Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules including without limitation any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or Missouri State Court located in Greene County, Missouri; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Missouri or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri.